Disable Quartz Composer Cache
You have stumbled on a known bug in a component of macOS called Quartz Composer. FxFactory contains a workaround that trades rendering speed for increased stability. Please follow these instructions:
1) Launch the FxFactory application
2) Select the “Preferences...” command under the “FxFactory” menu
3) Switch to the “Advanced” section and turn OFF the option named “Allow Quartz Composer to use cache”
4) Close the Preferences window.
5) Restart your video applications.